adjusting valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adjusting valves

well i'm going to adjust the valves and two of the valve eccentric spun on me and now theres no whole to adjust it! wtf! i adjust the rest but these two moved on me now what do i do!? its got me abit worried
    sigpic

they just rolled back and have now somehow tightened themselves?
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
      they just rolled back and have now somehow tightened themselves?
      No not tightened I read that its cause I dont have it in tdc but the camshaft seems to be where there supposed to but then again this is my first time doing this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic

Comment

ok so i think i figured it out when i move the car it moves the camshaft and you can adjust certain ones so when i move the car back and forth the feeler seems good on all of them does that mean i did it right?
        sigpic

Comment

You're supposed to, in one way or another, make the crank move so that the piston of whichever cylinder you're working on is at TDC. Then you adjust the valves.

Pelican has a nice guide: http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...lve_Adjust.htm

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

you are moving the car back and forth to turn the camshaft?
            I've learned something new! I've always taken the spark plugs out and turned the crankshaft from the bolt on the front of the vibration damper.

Comment

Or jack up the rear wheel, pop the gear into 5th, remove the spark plugs, rotate the wheel to locate TDC. Bavauto sells a little whistler that you can plug into the spark plug hole. TDC is when the thing stop whistling.

Comment

Yeah but any ways I didnt feel like waiting for some one to tell me if I did it right haha and I started her up everything is great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X