Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No spark no power to fuel pump after trans swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark no power to fuel pump after trans swap?

I recently swapped out the auto in my 88 325i for a Getrag 260, along with a full engine rebuild. After hooking everything up, bypassing the neutral safety switch by splicing the y/g & g/bk wires together for the starter, and trying to start it, I have no spark, and no power to fuel pump. I have 12v to the coil with ign switched on, but once turned to start the voltage drops immediately. I installed a new CKP at the time of rebuild and have ohm'd it out, reads 860 vs. 490-590 spec. by the manual I have. I can power probe the pump, make it run and get PSI at the rail, but it will not run on it's own. Tried jumping the coil, and powering the pump at the same time just to see if it will fire off, but that's causing power to back feed thru the gauges. BTW, this is a project track car, not a street car. The engine ran (albeit not great) prior to all this, so I really feel it has something to do with the trans swap, or something I installed in the process. Any info from guys that have done this before would be appreciated. Thanks.

There should be nothing related to the transmission swap that could cause this.

If you see the voltage at the coil + terminal drop when cranking, a low battery or a problem with the ignition switch or C101 would be the suspects. The resistance of the CPS is way out of range and it being bad would explain the lack of spark and lack of fuel pump operation. Replace it with a new BMW OW part.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X