Which e30's have the super eta motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which e30's have the super eta motor?

I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor for my 1990 325i, and have a few questions. I want to build a 2.7L stroker.

So far, all that I know is that a super eta block will fit perfectly with an i head and everything is basically plug and play. I was also told that the super eta motors can only be found in the 1988 325e.

So, which e30's contain the "super eta" motors? What years and which models(325e, 325i, 325c, 325ic)? Also, is it true that a super eta block does not need any modifications in order to fit right into the place of the old i block, and be able to have everything else bolt on without a problem?

this
    So what exactly are the differences between a 325e and 325i? Why do some models have an “s”, like a 318is, 325es, and 325is? Is the ’84-’85 318i the same as the ’91 31…

This

and if you want to get a little crazy this
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by mother_russia View Post
      I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor for my 1990 325i, and have a few questions. I want to build a 2.7L stroker.

So far, all that I know is that a super eta block will fit perfectly with an i head and everything is basically plug and play. I was also told that the super eta motors can only be found in the 1988 325e.

So, which e30's contain the "super eta" motors? What years and which models(325e, 325i, 325c, 325ic)? Also, is it true that a super eta block does not need any modifications in order to fit right into the place of the old i block, and be able to have everything else bolt on without a problem?

Comment

Ok so from what I read, the super eta motors are off of 1988 325/528e cars.
        I'm not really sure about the supporting mods though. What will I need to do, in order to have the super eta block work with the i head? Or is it a plug and play?

Comment

It is plug and play for the most part, and yes 1988 is the only year the e30 had the supereta engine. I think some e28s have them too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
            It is plug and play for the most part, and yes 1988 is the only year the e30 had the supereta engine. I think some e28s have them too.
            What do you mean by, for the most part?

Comment

The only difference in the super eta head and a 325 i head are the valve springs and cam. Same head casting and valves.
              1988 E30 335i - 1987 E30 327i - 1987 E30 327iS Pickup - 1973 2002 Project

Visit www.BimmerHeads.com for all of your 12 valve needs!

Comment

I have a complete SETA motor for sale if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbaader View Post
                  I have a complete SETA motor for sale if you are interested.
                  I just need the block...
                  and you're not really local haha

Comment

Not really, but the last motor I shipped was $125 but that was a couple of years ago. Probably more now.

Comment

Originally posted by mother_russia View Post
                      What do you mean by, for the most part?
                      Read this:

Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Complete SETA motor...bone stock. It has an "e" grind cam but 7 bearing. So, to build a stroker motor, you would need an "i" (or Shrick) cam, "i" valve springs and intake manifold. I would recommend adding the "i" ignition parts, crank damper and CPS, harness and a 173 ECU. No harness as the idiot that removed it from the car cut off the ECU plug off the harness. This is an unmolested SETA motor...Chuck

Comment

Working...
                        X