Help Identify where this goes lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identify where this goes lol

Hi guys so I pulled of the head on my m20, but along with it came of a little hose that i lost track as to where it goes! Its the item #11 that comes out of the thermostat. please help with a pic or anything that can help, i want to put my head back on today but i want to figure this out before i advance.
    Attached Files

It goes in between # 8 and # 12
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

ok, i guess hte better question is what does 12 hook up to? thanks

Comment

#6 goes from the back of the head "goose neck" to the #8 which is a pressure bypass.

#9 goes to the bottom inlet of the heater core at the firewall
        #12 connects to the upper heater core outlet and goes to the long T pipe (reservoir and lower thermostat)

#11 is the pressure relief hose that goes from the bypass to center of #12.

hope this helps
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Euro cars never got that temperature/pressure relief valve, nor did early production cars. It was a recall, probably to avoid the possibility of a lawsuit if the driver allowed to the car to overheat to the temperatures for nuclear ignition and the heater core ruptured. I delete it as it introduced unnecessary complexity.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Sorry I was away for a while, here is wat I found, the bottom heater core is connected straight to the long t pipe for some reason, i also noticed that one of the ports was blocked on the throttle. I guess the PO deleted the throttle plate that keeps it from freezing under low temps. Now I'm more confused than ever lol can someone draw a little diagram or something of how sort everything out? Thanks guys
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't upload more than one pick at a time sorry
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X