Total Seal Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Seal Rings

Anyone on here using them are they worth the 200$ for them. I heard they only make them for the 2nd ring. I am putting my 2.7i back together and wanted to know if i should put the money down for them or just use stock rings?

'87 325 (Track Rat)
    '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
    '94 525i (Daily)
    '90 325i (R.I.P)
    H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

I have total seal rings in my stroker. They have a very nice compression seal, but I've found in my experience the oil rings are less then fantastic scraping oil off the walls. Seems to only be an issue when cold, once warm I don't notice it.

I would just use the stock Geotze or whatever rings.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

"total seal" rings really aren't. All rings leak. Do a leakdown test on total seals if you don't believe me.

Comment

Sound good i will just get some stock rings.

'87 325 (Track Rat)
        '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
        '94 525i (Daily)
        '90 325i (R.I.P)
        H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

...anyone know of the advantages of low drag rings? and dont you dare say low drag
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Friction = lost power.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

thats what i figured, just found the email pete mcH sent my grandpa with info on the engine, i put everything he told us about it up on car domain if anyone was curious
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
              X