Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Suggestions

Hi Guys,

Ive got an '86 325e, now I posted it on a facebook page last night and unfortunately that page was shut down however while it was up there were a few suggestions in regards to engine modifications that can be made to make the 2.7L eta a bit more of a weapon, these mainly consisted of using parts from a 323i/325i/is including headers and other components of the engine. Though I didn't get a good look at exactly what the suggestions said, hence can anyone help me out with some suggestions as too parts I can pull out of other E30's to make my car perform better?

Cheers

There are several detailed write ups on doing an 'i' head swap on an eta motor. This is a common and effective upgrade.
    90 325i DD/Track
    03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
    It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

What is your budget, are you going to be doing this yourself?

There are many different engine options but it would all depend on time and money and knowledge on your part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic
      Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

A fairly simple route would be just drop in a 2.5i motor, 3.73 lsd, 17lb injectors, and a mark d chip. A big improvement compared to an eta motor, and down the road you could always gather up the bits for a stroker build.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X