Stumble, hesitation and back fire under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 603Racing View Post
    Glad you think you found it. Both of those c connectors can have corrosion issues... the 191 and 101.
    I checked the other on as well, seems like its pretty clean, gave a quick clean anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
      Did that work out for you?
      Havn't been able to test yet, I will be on the track tomorrow so i'm sure I will get the conditions for the issue to arise. I will update you my day is done to say whether problem is fixed or not.

Comment

ok, problem is still there, wailed on it at the track all day yesterday. Only happens when its warmed up, if I let it cool down for 20 min it was fine for about 2 laps. I checked fuel pressure today and all was good. Im good friends with FLG and we found a video of a car that has the same sound and issue that I have. He sent jlevie a PM about it so if you see this post first please check your inbox bud :). I ill get the link to the video and you guys can give your take on it.

Comment

Glad there can be more light shed on this problem. Seems to be quite a few threads regarding similar issues but no breakthroughs in finding a solution.
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
            Glad there can be more light shed on this problem. Seems to be quite a few threads regarding similar issues but no breakthroughs in finding a solution.
            its definitely a tricky problem, too many variables to test haha

Comment

Sounds like this may be similar to the problems Tubby posted about.

Do you know why tach is dead?

If the car has the 13 button OBC and the OBC relay box, those have been known to cause no start/cut out issues.

Did you try another ECU without a chip?
              90 325i DD/Track
              03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
              It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

If the car has the 13 button OBC and the OBC relay box, those have been known to cause no start/cut out issues.
                Tell me more about this, please.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                  Tell me more about this, please.
                  You can set the obc to lock out the car. Thats what the code button is used for I believe. So if there is potentially an issue with the obc you can have some no start issues.
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

Sounds like this may be similar to the problems Tubby posted about.

Do you know why tach is dead?

Did you try another ECU without a chip?
                    It is 13 button OBC but I dont feel that is the issue, never had a problem starting the car and it cuts out it comes back on instantly, more like its missing timing or stalling for a second.

Tach isnt dead, used to drop but i replaced cps and solved that problem.

ECU i havnt tried yet, I shall try to source one out.

Thank You.

Comment

OK, i have solved the problem lol. Bought another AFM, and now that hesitation is gone. I seem to have what feels like a slight misfire at idle, now to trace this problem lol. It never ends with these cars. Thanks to everyone that helped me out I appreciate it.

Comment

Glad you find the issue!

For the idle... my first guess would be vacuum leak.
                        90 325i DD/Track
                        03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
                        It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

Glad you find the issue!

For the idle... my first guess would be vacuum leak.
                          I've done a smoke test, no leaks anywhere.

Comment

Im having the same issues and i know its my injector -o rings if you havent checked those.

Comment

Working...
                            X