ETA H e l p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA H e l p

I have a 1985 bmw 325e and its not cranking over. i heard their is a pin on the flywheel and i took a picture of it..
    Attached Files

You're posting in the wrong section - but some more diagnostics would help.

Getting fuel?
    Getting spark?
    Check engine light?

Do any work recently?
    1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
    1990 325i 24v
    1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

Its not getting anything no spark no fuel and the check engine light docent come on, and the only work done recently was replace the g260,

Comment

ok, so there are 2 sensors on the bell housing were they by chance reversed, either at the plugs or the bell housing holes?

and by "not cranking over" you mean is cranks but not does not start. or it doesnt not crank at all?

both are caused by very different things
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
          ok, so there are 2 sensors on the bell housing were they by chance reversed, either at the plugs or the bell housing holes?

and by "not cranking over" you mean is cranks but not does not start. or it doesnt not crank at all?

he'd still get start with this I believe.

If you arent getting anything, you should start with making sure the main relay is in good order. It's easy enough, make sure the ECU is getting power/ground.
          1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
          1990 325i 24v
          1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

it won't turn over but it will crank and i replaced the sensors and it still wouldn't crank over, the edu is getting power, and the main relay is as well,

Comment

It would start with starter flu but not engage ; still crank

Comment

Originally posted by Edwardchab View Post
                it won't turn over but it will crank and i replaced the sensors and it still wouldn't crank over, the edu is getting power, and the main relay is as well,
                It would start with starter flu but not engage ; still crank
                I’m going out on a limb here. You haven't bought the Bentley's manual and you really don't know what you are doing under the hood of the car. Since every post has been very wrong.

"Turning over and cranking is the same thing. When you turn the key and the engine goes around and around then it's cranking or turning over whichever you want to call it."

There is no such thing as an edu, other than if you are going to college and you need to log on to their website. On a car it's called the ECU or DME.

Did you actually check for spark? This means you pull the spark plug wire and hold a grounded wire near it to see if it sparks. Because, you claim that the engine fires up when you are spraying "starter flu" which I’m guessing is starting fluid into the intake manifold. This leads me to believe you have spark but no fuel. Which could be caused by the afm not sending a signal to the DME. Or the fuel relay is not working correctly. If the engine is turning over from the starter and not getting spark you messed up the sensors in the bell housing, since they can be reversed and will cause a no start issue.
                Either way
                Buy this before you get farther.

Here are the senors that can be accidentally swapped.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

I have the bently book .pdf now, i gotten last night, ill see what goes from their Thanks Cabriolet, and sorry about the terms i was saying

Comment

I have the bently book .pdf now, i gotten last night, ill see what goes from their Thanks Cabriolet, and sorry about the terms i was saying
                    it's kew, i get cranky when terms are being thrown around and no one really knows whats going on.

if you cant figure it out afterwards
                    post pics of the top of you engine from the intake side, and the bell-housing sensor section and then trace those wires yo above the sub-frame where they connect to the engine harness.

my eta is too low to the ground to post pics of how it's wires are run and into what sensor.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Looking at your engine, I bet you have some major vacuum leaks.

Comment

i second that assumption hahaha
                          Originally posted by unloadedak
                          It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

My gut is telling me it is the flywheel, I'm not sure though, heres a picture of a flywheel with an acceptable reference pin,

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
                              X