Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 - ETA Exhaust Upgrade - Help

Hi Guys,
    I am having some issues with the EPA at the moment here in Australia, due to my current exhaust set-up which consists of stock headers for the 2.7L in my '86 325e, then from the y-joint back to the magnaflow muffler I have a 2.5" straight pipe, that being said, I love the noise the car makes (very loud and aggressive). However now that I have been asked to front for an inspection I need to put a catalytic converter back in it, I was thinking of going with a high flow cat from magnaflow, plus at the same time I would like to replace the stock headers with a pair of race/performance headers (not sure where to get them?), with this setup does anyone have an idea as too how the cars noise and performance will be affected? And if you have any other suggestions about which headers and cats to use that would also be much appreciated!
    Cheers

the noise is different for every engine but most likely sound more rich, loud as well. putting the cat on will make your exhaust sound loud but different from a straight pipe that makes a raspy noise. ireland engineering recently added some performance headers on their website but i don't no if they have it for the 2.7 e. u also have to decide what kind of header you want: either short or long tube headers. personally wouldn't get an aftermarket cat just cuz their really expensive. you should have two exhaust setups: 1. stock for inspection and smog and quietness and 2. whatever crazy combo-ed exhaust you want whether its straight piped long or short tube headers 2.5" or 3" downpipe ect.

Comment

Working...
    X