vibration noise at 30mph-45mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vibration noise at 30mph-45mph

i recently installed some AKG polyurethane motor mounts (they're least durable ones) onto my 89 325i. i noticed a vibration noise at 30-45 mph. i called AKG to see if this is normal. they told me it isn't and it is most likely something like guibo or center support bearing or unbalanced driveshaft but could be a number of things. i never heard this noise until after i installed the mounts. so is it engine vibration still? is that normal? my car isn't getting any physical chassis or wheel vibration. just a vibration noise.i was just wandering if you guys had a general idea on what it could be. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but i also get some jerk at low RPM in 2nd gear only. thanks in advance for your guys output.
    -marc

anyone?

Comment

Is it mechanical, or a vibration noise from something interior (Such as the dash)?

If it's a noise. Normal. You have more solid mounts in there and engine vibrations will transfer much more into the chassis of the vehicle. Thus causing resonation within parts on the chassis (Again, such as the dash).

But, be sure that it isn't mechanical. That could be bad juju.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
        Is it mechanical, or a vibration noise from something interior (Such as the dash)?

If it's a noise. Normal. You have more solid mounts in there and engine vibrations will transfer much more into the chassis of the vehicle. Thus causing resonation within parts on the chassis (Again, such as the dash).

But, be sure that it isn't mechanical. That could be bad juju.
        Ya I'm not getting any physical vibration on my dash or wheel or seats for example, I'm just hearing the noise you'd get from a minor worn out stock engine mount. It sounds like a noise that would be creAted from under torqued mounts but that shouldn't be the case since I'm triple checking that. Is there any way to fix the noise? Akg says that isn't normal. Any direction you can point me to to improving my e30? Thanks for the response btw

Comment

The NVH is gonna be more noticable with the new mounts compared to the old rubber ones. What trans mts did you use? Just check your guibo and csb. You're gonna feel more with your akg's, i do with my condors.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X