Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leak above exhaust manifold

Masters of R3V,

Out of the blue I started having this oil leak. It is not from spilling. I thoroughly cleaned and then replaced the valve cover gasket and torqued it down well. I doubt this is from the head gasket, as this is leaking ONTO the exhaust manifolds. Any one know what this is? I believe this issue is also fouling my spark plugs because my fuel efficiency has been poor.

Thanks.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

If the oil is only on the rear header, it pretty much has to be coming from the valve cover. Otherwise it could be from the cam and blowing back onto the engine.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I will find it on both front and rear after a 10+ mile trip. This picture showed how bad it was. But yes, I will try the valve cover again considering they're cheap enough. I thought about cam seal. I am 99% certain I can rule out HG.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
      No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Working...
      X