Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 325is m20 weird missing/flooding/loading up issue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325is m20 weird missing/flooding/loading up issue..

So when she is cold,all is well,when she gets warmed up it starts loading up and fouling plugs but it will run fine if you floor it and clear it out..Basically have to drive it like you stole it,haha.

Im thinking o2 sensor,the wires at the sensor do look shitty,and in my head at least,the ecu isnt using the o2 sensor until its warm,and then it gets upset

What say you guys? My 3 yr old has bugging me to ride in "the cool" bmw for days now so i HAVE to fix it,lol. She doesnt enjoy the Auto(stock) 325 e30 as much as i do. She likes the LOUD one,haha ;D

Whether it is the problem or not, the O2 sensor probably does need to be replaced (replacement interval is 100k). Also check rail fuel pressure and I'd have the injectors cleaned, rebuilt, and flow tested. Another possibility is that the plugs are fouling from oil. Hot compression and leak down tests will tell a lot.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

WelWell I'm gonna do a coil and o2 sensor later and will report back. I would imagine it wouldn't run well at wot if there was a compression issue, but Ill check that..

Comment

Working...
      X