m20 runs bad in the rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 runs bad in the rain?

Just need some help troubleshooting a problem. My m20 tends to run bad when its been sitting in the rain or if it rained overnight. It will will idle relatively normal but bog down/load up until I get the motor heated all the way up and try and run it up through the RPM's. I don't know why it does this can y'all help?

The first thing to try would be to replace the distributor cap,m rotor, and ignition wires (use OE/OEM parts).
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

You could try misting the above-mentioned parts with a squirt bottle, one at a time, to see when it bogs down to see which part is the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        The first thing to try would be to replace the distributor cap,m rotor, and ignition wires (use OE/OEM parts).
        If this doesn't work, try checking your fuel injectors. Is your fuel economy shitty?
        IG: @_j.wn

Comment

My friend had the same problem, it ran great when it was dry. In the rain not so much. Finally the problem was the engine ground wire. In the rain the engine ground got wet and and didnt give a good signal anymore. A new engine ground doesn't cost much anyway and it's easy to replace.

Comment

i was dealing with the same issue. after washing my motor as well. it turned up being my Crank Position Sensor.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, it looks like theres some rain coming up here in florida so i can investigate

Comment

Working...
              X