Died In Fligh :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Died In Fligh :)

So yesterday while cruising with my beloved vert, the car suddenly died. No warnings , no hesitation just dead. Dash lights came on and that was it. I cruised to the side of the road and tried to diagnose the mystery.
    The car crank strong but nothing else.We start the diagnostic.
    First the fuel pump was not working there was no fuel being pumped to the fuel rail. Checked the FP relay...not working no power to it....so we jumped the relay the fuel pump starts working there is fuel flowing but still no start.So now we missing spark?....and while we were unable to diagnose the no spark issue and were ready to call for a tow, the car suddenly came back to life.I drove it home no problem. Parked it restarted it few times... working.
    But now i want to find out what your take on the problem is. Anyone had something like this happened to him?
    The car is 1987 325i Convertible with 19lbs injectors and m30 AFM.
    And scorpion exhaust. Other than that is stock.
    Thank you for any input.

Check the cps. If that dies it kills fuel and spark.
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Will do!:)
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
        Check the cps. If that dies it kills fuel and spark.
        Correct! The suspects, in order of probability, are; main relay, CPS, fusible link, DME, or engine harness.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

This sounds like the exact issue I had with my main relay.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you guys i will start checking on these and see where it takes me.I will keep you posted! I appreciate all your comments ;)

Comment

Also, it would not hurt to remove FP relay and gently sand with high grade 1000 or higher sand paper. Sand all contact prongs and then coat with dialectric grease. (Bulb grease). this grease will allow current to flow with no problems and will protect from future corrosion on the contacts. Its a buck at Autozone and comes in a little packet.

Shit while your in there do all the relays.

Comment

No start

Don't know if it's related but when I replaced my obc relay box on my 88 vert, after it left me stranded on the side of the road, it solved my no start issue.

Comment

Working...
                X