Tons of sludge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tons of sludge?

So the other morning I was driving along and my oil pressure light started to flicker. not come on solid, just flicker. I started to pull over to do a quick check of systems, but it stopped, so i continued to drive. no evident issues.
    Granted the light hasn't come back since then but after the car cooled down I went to check the oil. pulled the stick out... chocolate pudding on it. wipe it off, stick it in, pull it out, DRY. What the waffle? I go to the oil filler cap and pull it off... what a mess. It had 'mud' all over it. I pulled the whole valve cover next, and got this:

Now I might be crazy, but oil isn't supposed to look like that, and it didn't look like that before. What the hell happened? did the filter let go? I did an oil change about 2k ago, and this car doesnt get abused at all. I haven't driven it since then. Someone help my baby.

--Mike
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Drain the oil and check for "milkshake". You could have a head gasket leak. If the oil looks okay, I'd say that the car isn't seeing enough full temperature driving (at least 20 minutes of sustained highway speed driving twice a week).
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X