Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost ready, 2.8 stoker

Hi:
    First of all I present myself. My name is tomas I live in Chile, south america, for thoose who don't know. I own a Mb 190e 2.3-16v,that is my daily, last year I bought overbore pistons from JE. The car result great. So I decide to make the stoker thing to my brothers 1989 325is (US version) I bought the crack, bought +1mm JE 10.2CR pistons, to make it 2.8, and a 274 cam, everything from Topend, no complains at all (not counting time it take to be done and ship). The engine start and is running, but I'm not much into electronics, so I don't know what to do with the injection sistem yet, I'm making some paint details beforeI take the car out.
    I have done planty of reading, and I haven't found if it is posible to run the car with stock injection and fuel sistem, at least to make the first miles of runing?. Then what are the basics modification I should make? like only changing the injector and FPR.....
    thanks very much

Welcome to the board dtm it.

Since you've increased displacement to 2.8 liters instead of 2.5, you may want to look into getting some e34 535i injectors (19lbs/hr I believe). That'll give you the extra fuel flow headroom that you need to avoid going too lean. A wideband o2 sensor would be VERY useful here to make sure the stock ecu is handling the fueling properly, especially at wide open throttle. To adjust fueling, either open up the air flow meter and adjust the circular spring one notch at a time while doing test runs using the wideband, or get an adjustable fpr and tune fueling that way, again with a WB.

Hope that helped.
    This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Originally posted by MrK
      Welcome to the board dtm it.

Since you've increased displacement to 2.8 liters instead of 2.5, you may want to look into getting some e34 535i injectors (19lbs/hr I believe). That'll give you the extra fuel flow headroom that you need to avoid going too lean. A wideband o2 sensor would be VERY useful here to make sure the stock ecu is handling the fueling properly, especially at wide open throttle. To adjust fueling, either open up the air flow meter and adjust the circular spring one notch at a time while doing test runs using the wideband, or get an adjustable fpr and tune fueling that way, again with a WB.

Hope that helped.
      Thanks.
      I have another question, Could it be posible to swap the entire injection sistem from another bmw e36 or e46, like and 328 or 330?????

Comment

As far as I know, no that would not be possible. Nor would it be useful either. Just changing injectors is more than enough.
        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Also the compression is alot more then the stock system has,
          so you need to be careful there, maybe getting a piggyback or a standalone would be your next move
          Gunni
          @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Hi:
            Today I went to see a guy how is a mechanic, he own a race 325i e30, full moded, last month he make the swap, the thing is that with an AFPR a injectors he makes 195WHP with a good AFR, I'll show pics later, anyway I'l go to the dyno next week to check it out and see what we can do.

Comment

Ok, I blow the headgasket , in cylinder number 4, I'm runing 10,2:1 of CR, on the machine shop they told my that this hapend cos the combustion chamber (center) is exactly inline with the headgasket, I don't know if this is right, I haven't hear this before? the solution the give my is to lower the CR by a bigger headgasket or enlarge the cylinder dome. I think if this is right It's the same if I just increase the CR I will solve what the said anyway?????
              please help
              Last edited by dtm it; 06-09-2006, 12:51 PM.

Comment

up

Comment

It's not easy to blow HG with N/A engine, i guess you should always hear engine detonation on load. Probably you are running to lean and CR is pretty high .. Get bigger injectors (i.e. M50 or M30) and tune AFR with WBO.
                  '90 e30 325i

Comment

Yeah, more than likely ur leaning out the car... especially if u running the stock injectors... I would say go with E36 328i (M52B28) injectors, they won't max out on a N/A E30... they green in colour.

and definatly get it chipped, and mapped. properly

Comment

Just one thing... u guys know that the lbs/hr changes dependsing on the desity of the fuel begin used.

Comment

Ok, injectors and adjustable fuel pressure regulaator right on my hand....
                        Any tip on the install???

Last edited by dtm it; 08-04-2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

???? up.

Comment

Working...
                          X