M20 running rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 running rough

Just to provide some background i recently bought my 89 325i 2 months ago from a bmw tech. She said she replaced the water pump, timing belt and head gasket. the car had 230 thousand miles with a working odo.

The things i have replaced within the past 2 months:
    -intake hoses and boots
    -coolant temp sensor
    -temp sensor
    -spark plugs
    -tps
    -o2 sensor
    -misc cracked radiator fluid hoses
    -dist cap

Within the last week i have changed my oil, flushed coolant, and replaced the air filter.

my car finally idles at the proper rpm but it continues runs rough. i did a compression test today that yielded these results:
    6: 130, 130
    5: 130, 130
    4: 130, 132
    3: 129, 130
    2: 125, 125
    1: 140, 136
    i am at about 500 ft elevation.

after taking the car for a cruise after flushing coolant, changing oil and air filter i got an "engine oil" check and a 1222.
    i checked the oil level and it is exactly where it should be. disconnected the battery and drove again. same 2 check engines.

while my car is running the coolant isnt very green or clear it is very white and bubbly.

My injectors, and plug wires APPEAR to be in good working condition.

I am not sure what else could be causing this rough running issue. any help or insight would be appreciated thanks!
    Last edited by Conradish; 09-07-2015, 01:30 PM.

As a quick guess, intake leaks, injector problems. or ignition problems. For a more comprehensive discussion of this and other issues see http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...5&postcount=12
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X