Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20b25 fuel pump wiring

Hey guys

So I had my car apart for a while and then buttoned everything up about a year ago and it ran fine. I then left the state for a while and upon coming back I am having a no start issue

Fuel pump works (verified by jumping straight to batter)

Started looking at the wiring
    referenced this: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...21&postcount=9

also referenced this diagram: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/atta...1&d=1295932597

when i jumped from 30 to 87 The pump does not run. i can also hear the fp relay clicking when I start the car with the fp relay in place. So the relay appears okay When I jump from socket 30 on (fp relay) to fuse 11 then the pump runs. So, the wiring from the fuse back to the pump is good.

I seem to have a problem between the output from the fp relay and fuse box

this is where I am confused. the diagram says the wire coming from socket 87 should be green and violet and go to the c101 connector. however the wire is blue and green and goes to the ecu. the green violet wire on the c101 connector (pin 13) also seems to go to the ecu.. do I have a bad ecu? I dont have another to swap and test... Could it be a wiring problem at the ecu connection. Why does the diagram not show the wiring going through the ecu?

I am getting stumped here and I had planned to drive my car cross country and now things are getting hectic. ANy help is appreciated.... is there something i am missing?

Check the distance of the crank position sensor to the flywheel. Also check the resistance. If the ecu doesnt get a crank signal, the pump won't turn on.

Comment

I will check that out. And I understand that the ecu needs a signal from the cps.

in the link up top and on the diagram it implies that power supplied to socket 87 on the fuel pump relay should power the pumps regardless of cps and ecu. is that incorrect?

It seems to be implied that power does not go through the ecu after leaving the relay. but as seen on car, the wiring obviously goes through the ecu.

Where am I going wrong / reading incorrect information

Comment

The ECU grounds pin 85 on the fp relay when it sees the proper inputs from the cps grounds pin 85 and on the main relay when it sees the proper inputs from whatever. Power to the fp relay pin 86 is only present when the main relay closes. With power on fp relay 86 and ground on fp relay 85 the relay closes and power on fp relay 30 is sent to fp relay 87 and then on to the pump.

Comment

I would recommend you drive through a couple tanks of gas to sift out any problems before you take it cross country.

Check your cps with a multimeter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X