No announcement yet.

m20 head rebuild misfire help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to pull the fan and the distributor to check the cam marker, you can see the O|T mark on the harmonic balancer from under the car. C191 plug is what I meant I think... which ever is the one for the injectors.
    I don't even know if you can check the valve seals.. tghey are burried under the valve springs, but you may be able to see them if you pop off the valve cover. Do you see oil (a lot) in the intake manifold if you pop off the intake boot and look through the TB? You may see a little from the bitch tube.

Comment

If this is moving around randomly, it's an electrical issue.
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Agreed^ let's assume hardware is done right head work etc. Id narrow it down to timing or a ground wire that's frayed or loose. Once you adjust your cam gear for timing sometimes while trying to fit the belt on your off by a couple degrees. If you aren't careful you can be off by way more than 10deg. It's not difficult to check your timing. YouTube it there's a popular vid on timing belt changing and it's a great breakdown. I checked mine two days ago. Took me an hr to take everything off check it, take the belt off, adjust, and reinstall everything. That fixed my misfire and idling issue after a month of trying did things [emoji24] I also rebuilt my head and block and my timing was 90 degrees off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

To clarify I didn't torque down the belt tensioner enough and once I cranked the engine it came loose and let go about an inch of belt so that's what I assume did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X