Rattling noise... Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattling noise... Any Ideas??

So the other day I found my guibo shredded on my driveshaft and decided to replace it, which also included doing a new center bearing. I noticed the guide bearing/ Centering sleeve was bad, but I didn't have one and needed to get the car back on the road so I just slapped it back in. Is it possible that this would cause a rattle going over bumps?

At first I thought it was suspension related, but I went through the suspension and everything is tight. Checked steering rack and column, transmission bolts, Subframe, engine mounts, transmission mounts. Any thoughts or ideas?? I am going to have the car in my garage for the weekend checking over everything again. I was hoping to not have to drop the driveshaft out again..
    Originally posted by IRON-E
    Skirtz are for zeh womenzzzz....

Check the suspension again.... then wheel bearings ..... then driveshaft u-joint
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Exhaust hitting something??

Comment

heat shields or the inside of your catalytic converter is busting apart.

Comment

Pretty sure my left front wheel bearing is starting to go. The rattle is at the same speed as the suspension movement. I've already gone over my entire suspension twice and everything is super tight. I can feel it bumping in the gas pedal also which is weird.. Would that be from the wheel bearing going out? Never lost one in the front.

Comment

Also I'm running a super amazing twin-cat on my straight six. It was how some shady Armenian dude got it to pass smog... I don't think I would fill that rattle in my gas pedal.

Comment

Jack up the front end and support it on jack stands and wheel chocks. Put a pry bar between the control arm and the sub frame and pry a bit to see if you have a loose ball joint, either inner or outer.

Comment

going to put money on a heat shield, how about a break backing plate??? If you are hearing a wheel bearing "rattle" then you have a very very bad bearing to the point of near failure. Growl, slight grind noise, or even mud tire like drone when starting to fail but rattle...... Only W/B I ever heard "rattle" Had lost its preload and was all but destroyed and had eaten the races, so the wheel would wobble back and forth visible at walking speed in the driveway.. Think about how much room a big bearing like that is going to need, to "rattle" when its holding up 1/4 of a car......
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Ended up being the transmission nuts on the bottom of the mounts... Also found bolts missing on the differential which caused everything else to have problems. Now that I have everything tightened up it seems like my right rear axle is failing.. Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                  X