323i head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323i head

I picked up a 323i head and i was wondering what i can do with it.

will a 325i bottom work with the 323i head? ive got a couple guys saying yes and no, so someone tell me.

what other ways can i put this head to use?

btw i got the whole motor...

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

eta bottom end+323i head+motronic 1.3=6500 rpm 2.7liter a decent set-up when using a 3.73 rear, single mass flywheel, and good exhaust, you'll have a mean m20 for not much $$.
    Old and improved:

Comment

Sell it.

Comment

ive heard of the eta bottom + 323i thing, but i dont have an eta motor laying around. Ive got two I motors in perfect running condition. Im still learning about this whole thing........

my friend tells me that i would be able to put the 323i head on a 325i bottom and i would get higher compression....is this possible?

Comment

not really

the pistons will hit the head

but it can be machined out (not sure of pistons or head, a friend had it done on his race car)

no real point IMO, not much faster than stock 325i as the head design is better
          JUNGL3

1990 "333i" Sport

Comment

Ports are bigger on the 885 head, but the 733 head is perfect for Eta's. You at thi moment have no use for it. But the cam is a hotter cam.

Comment

Im going to have to agree with the sell it option if you dont want to run an eta motor. If you put it on ebay you can probably get a good bit for it. The 885 head from the 325i is the best flowing m20 head you can get stock. And the 323 head wont work on a b25 without modification.
              Old and improved:

Comment

Oh i have no problem with running it with a eta bottom, i was just wondering what my options were. What #'s would the eta bottom plus the 731 head put out? and whats the cr?

Would a turbo work with this?

Comment

I have unconfirmed reports that the combustion chamber on the 731 head is smaller than an eta head which will raise compression just a bit. Your probably looking at 9.2:1 max. You can run a turbo with that set-up.

Figures should be around 170 hp-190 ft lb. crank. with my said set-up.
                  Old and improved:

Comment

323i has longer stroke than 325i.

Use 323i crank and 325i piston with some metal machined from piston top. Result will be 2,6l strong torquing engine.
                    Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                    BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                    BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                    BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Working...
                    X