While I have it Apart What Parts needed while doing my timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I have it Apart What Parts needed while doing my timing belt

OK doing my timing belt soon is there anything else i should replace while I have every thing apart...I'm putting in an order for parts and i don't want to forget any thing...
    sigpic

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

ok no prob..
      sigpic

Comment

I would do water pump, of course. I'd also do the power steering, alternator and if you have it, a/c hoses as well - a lot easier to do with everything apart. I also replaced both my coolant sensors but wasn't necessary, just thought I would for a maintenance thing (the brown and blue one). Other than that, can't think of much else to get at while you're in there.
        2016 F-150
        1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Ya just bought the car in Sept of last year so i have no idea when the belt was done last so a good idea to do it...
          Cool just put in a order all the Belts,Timing belt,all of the coolant hoses even though there are not leaking,but it is leaking near the water pump seem to leak more due to pressure so order one of them,Rocker arm shaft plugs set those 4 little rubber thingy,Camshaft guide O-ring,Balance shaft seal,Timing belt kit,Magnet Oil drain plug for future use,lower timing belt cover gasket..
          the only hose a i didn't buy this time around is the funky hose that looks like a Cross and a few vacuum hoses but though i can buy around here thank god...that's about it so i hope i have everything..this will be my first attempt at this and looks pretty simple i HOPE...
          And then once that done valves i guess....
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X