M42 radiator swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 radiator swap question

How have members addressed the reservoir hose (picture attached) ? I am thinking either plug it or use a T fitting and tap into the heater hose. Thanks
    Attached Files

In for answers. I have an early model M20 and want to use this radiator. What do I do with this bottom hose? Just run it to the hose that the old expansion tank used? If i switch to a late model water pump, can I just block this off?
    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

I had an early model and switched to this radiator. Ill take a peak today or tomorrow and let you know what I did, if no one beats me to it.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        I had an early model and switched to this radiator. Ill take a peak today or tomorrow and let you know what I did, if no one beats me to it.
        That would be great
        - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
        Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Not sure if this is what you need. I have switched to late model water pump and hosing. The hose that comes out of the bottom of the radiator on the driver side run by the alternator and connects to the hose next to the engine block. Looks like I did some niptuck to get the correct size tube to connect the tstat housing to the upper driver side radiator opening. And the lower passenger side from the radiator connects to the metal pipe that is part of the late model hosing scheme. Its been a few years since I did this.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
          X