Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car sitting for a year. Cranks but wont turn over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car sitting for a year. Cranks but wont turn over.

Hey peeps, I need some help.

About a year ago, I cracked the oil pan in my 91 M20 swapped 318i. She was my daily driver for about 4 years. While swapping the oil pan and gasket, i looked at the steering rack and thought I might as well do the e36 steering rack upgrade since it was leaking so bad. And so began a year long hiatus from my beloved E30 (I know, I know, but I was going to college, had a job with a two hour long commute one way, and a 2014 Honda SI that never once crapped out on me, yet.)

My problem is this. Once i finally managed to find the time and balls to tackle the pan and the steering rack with a small limited space garage a year later after the initial abandonment, I finally got down the car from the jackstands. As I went to start the car, my triumphant face became one of utter disappointment. The car would crank and crank like no tomorrow but would not turn over.

The thing is, right before I let the car sit, she drove like a magnificent beast. I put in a new timing belt, refreshed the whole coolant system, new ignition wires, new distributor cap. Searched a lot on these forums, and before I tackle things like DME/ECU and CPS, I wanted to know what should I do? The fuel pump is working, the spark plugs work and the ignition coil/ wires are brand new. I'm not really mechanically inclined, and my understanding of working electrical stuff is limited.

I'm not ready to give up on this and let it sit for another year. I need this car done before a buddy who has a 2002 moves to LA in a month and we wanted to go for a joyride together up in the mountains. I'd really hate to get this car towed to a mechanic after working on it for over a month with the free time i had only to make it not even start. Please help me out dudes!!!

cps.

test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
    X