Transmission Stuck During Engine Pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Stuck During Engine Pull

I’m swapping my 325ix engine into a new shell and I’m pulling the engine out right now. This is my first time pulling an engine. I have what looks like everything disconnected and I’m leaving the transfer case and front diff attached to the engine. I lifted the engine up and disconnected the transmission mount but the transmission won’t drop down. It seems to be stuck where it is and when I try lifting the engine, the transmission just hits the tunnel because it’s not low enough. I’m using a balancer and tried adjusting chain lengths numerous times. Things I’ve pulled off the transmission are the driveshaft, slave cylinder, shifter, and tans mount. Is there anything else on the transmission that needs to come off? Or is it common for a transmission to be though to get loose? Thanks. Any comments are appreciated because I’m new to this process.

Did you unhook the reverse light harness?

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
      Did you unhook the reverse light harness?

Yep. Forgot to mention that. But I think that that wouldn’t keep the whole transmission from dropping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I almost got it! I lifted the engine slightly (just pulls the car up) and dropped it quickly and shook it loose! The transmission dropped down to where it should be without mounts and I’ll fully pull the engine out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X