Another No Start Thread 1984 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another No Start Thread 1984 325e

I bought a 1984 325e eta with a broken timing belt for basically free.
    After rebuilding the head and doing the timing belt I put it together hoping it would start up with no issues. Unfortunately this was not the case. The car currently starts and turns over but if I stop cranking it the car just falls down to 0 and stalls out. Sometimes it will idle extremely low for a couple of seconds. If I repeatedly hit the throttle the car will stay on if I keep it above 2500rpms.
    So far I have checked and replaced this so far.
    -Checked the injectors cleaned and rebuilt them then tested spray pattern.
    -New Plugs
    -Spark at the wires.
    -New Relays (DME, FPR,)
    -Fuses are fine
    -New filter/Fuel pump
    -ICV and TPS replaced
    -Compression tested 120psi low 130 high
    -Fuel pressure 36psi
    - New Idle green box
    - Tested CPS and Speed reference sensor.
    - Timing on tooth
    - New FPR

Any Ideas? I am thinking it could be the ECU, I haven't tested that. The car turns over it just does not want to idle. No weird sounds. I have spark and fuel.

Edit: I replaced the fuel lines just the silicone hoses not the metal ones. they were old and leaking. put on new the rotor and cap now the car doesn't even fire up. It doesn't seem to be getting fuel anymore or something it doesn't fire right up anymore. just stays chugging. The fuel pump is super noisy, I might switch back to my old one. I have the two fuel pumps setup and the transfer one is super noisy.
    Last edited by MxsticalOrange; 08-02-2018, 11:16 PM. Reason: New information.

Did you inspect cap and rotor? Try your old green box. Did you adjust the ICV and is the TPS working and adjusted properly?
    Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

The ICV buzzes and The TPS clicks when it supposed to. I have a new green box and nothing changed, I bought it off ebay and it works. I checked with a multimeter. Still have the old one. I get spark at the plugs so Idk if its the cap and rotor, but I might as well replace those. They looked fine when I took the engine apart. Clean contacts. I don't know how long they have been on the car, the car sat for about a year before I got it. It does have new fuel.

Comment

I just got a new distributor and rotor because the old one was really flaky on the inside and had a lot of burn marks. I also did the wires and put in new plugs. I haven't tried starting it yet. I will first thing tomorrow.

A quick question, is it okay for me to start my car without any coolant hoses or radiator/expansion tank, if I am just going to let it idle?

Comment

For about 30 seconds or so, sure, but don't let it start to warm up.

Comment

Working...
          X