2.7i Build Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7i Build Troubles

Random misfire that I can't quite resolve.

Ok I'll try to give as much description as possible as to what's been done already

2.7i build (Fresh Rebuild, bored and valve job)
    -2.7 e bottom end w/ stock flat top pistons
    -2.5i 885 head, intake manifold, harness and ECU from same 2.5 car (2.5 parts taken from a running car that was parted out)
    Parts new/confirmed in working order
    -New timing belt/head gasket
    -New cap and rotor
    -New sparkplugs properly gapped
    -New battery
    -Valves properly adjusted
    -New Crank Sensor
    -Igniton Coil within spec
    -Main relays checked and one replaced
    -ECU pinout confirmed
    -New O2 sensor
    -Vaccum leaks checked with no leaks found
    -Fuel Pressure right at 40 psi (Harbor freight guage, so take that as you will)
    -Refurbished alternator with diodes replaced
    -AFM in working order and resistance
    Will add if think of anything else

Car seemed to smell rich and upon looking at the plugs it looks like 1, 3, and 5 appear wet with gas. Those 3 are connected one the ECU side of things. 4 seemed a little richer than 2 and 6 as well. The only thing I haven't tested is that the injectors leaking, but the 135 spark plugs have me questioning things as the control side. Car misfires on idle and and when given throttle surges after RPM increases about 1.5-2k

Any ideas on what I could test that I may have missed would be super helpful.

(Side note) Also not getting anything from the tach. Speedo, fuel guage, and temp guage all work, not sure if related.
    Last edited by Rookie88; 02-24-2019, 12:06 AM. Reason: Additional info

Check the injector harness connector under the intake for corrosion.

Comment

Connector looks ok. Contact cleaner just to be sure. Has new m50 injectors now and still has an issue. That being said I found this. I doubt it's that simple but other than good idle, this sounds the closest of anything I've seen matching my issue. Will have to try tomorrow

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Think I made an interesting discovery. ICV fully disconnected minimizes miss, (might be stft still adjusting) and allows me to rev with no surging. Could the ICV or circuit side really cause that much of an issue?

Comment

Still have a misfire. Cleaned throttle switch, tests ok. Injectors are now the m50 injectors. Still with 3 bar FPR to have close to same flow. Only thing I haven't done is swap AFM with known good, as I don't have access to one.

Comment

Working...
          X