Oil Sandwich Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Sandwich Plates

Does anyone know what the oil filter thread size is? I am going to put a sandwich plate on to allow for oil pressure and temperature gauge senders and need to know which one to order.

in for some answers.

Comment

3/4-16 unf
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
        3/4-16 unf
        Somehow I doubt this.

Edit- Damned Germans putting standard threads on a metric engine. Blasphemy!

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/Par...px?Part=161527

Comment

Same as ford.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

The sandwich plate arrived today along with two adapters, 3/4-16 and a 20-1.5mm. Both adapters have almost the same pitch to the thread, the only difference is the metric one is approx .030 larger in dia. than the "Ford" size. The 20-1.5 does not go into a Bosch or Wix filter and the 3/4-16 fits.

Comment

I had no problem with the adapters that came with this guy:

The Mishimoto Oil Filter Sandwich Plate Adapters are made with 3 NPT ports to allow you to install an oil temperature sensor, oil pressure sensor, and/or a turbo oil feed. This easy-to-install plate eliminates the need to drill into your block by using the mounting point on your engine oil filter. Two adapters are included with purchase for fitment with multiple applications.

Comment

While my sandwich plate was a different make it also came with two center adaptors. At the time I asked the question I had not run across one that had both. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X