Do i have to run this coolant sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i have to run this coolant sensor?

I just bought this cs racing radiator and some Irland engineering poly hoses. I totally forgot to buy this sensor because I threw it away when I tossed my old radiator. What is this for?. I don't have ac or a belt-driven fan anymore. I just bought an electric fan kit on the cheap from Amazon and I have that hooked up to the new radiator. I can order the part, but I wanted to do the install tomorrow and it was a complete oversight.

My assumption is that I use this to trigger when the fan goes on and off. Is that correct? For some reason, I was under the impression that that was connected to the thermostat.

So, is this what I would use to wire an aftermarket electric fan into?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	7255513

Is this what I would need to order?

Assuming it is, my OEM plug is 3 prong, but the aftermarket piece is 2 prong. Would I need to wire it into my harness or would I be fine just keeping is separate running on its own? According to the wiring instruction, its meant to be on its own.

Comment

No need if you're not running AC. However, many people use the 2 prong one to run aftermarket electric fans, so if you want to use it to trigger the aftermarket fan, the fcp euro piece can be used to do so. You would wire it into your harness. there's a thread somewhere here detailing how to do so.

Comment

Appreciate the help! I’ll just use the harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X