My 86 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 86 325e

So my baby died a few months ago while i was rally'ing her out in the boonies. its a driveline issue, the engine still runs fine. but i basically just left it in my brothers yard to rot while i worked on my SR20 swap into my 240sx, which is now completed.

so now that thats taken care of, i want to do something with my old e30..

i want to fully build and turbo charge it, but my questions at this point are which engine to chose.

Right now its got the 2.7liter super eta engine. with probably 150k miles on it. Should i use that engine? or buy a different one, perhaps the 325i m20? which one would be best suited for turbo app. and lastly in parts how much will a full rebuild cost roughly? any advice would be greatly appreciated :] i need some help getting the motivation to pull her out of the weeds. if you guys dont act soon she'll be completely rusted out! :nice:

A 2.7 eta should take boost VERY well. But if you want real big power and MASSIVE toruqe on moderate boost, go M30.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

someones stock block and head and even stock chip eta just put down 217hp and 280lb ft on 8.5psi on a decent setup without being tuned so there is definately potential.

This has made me reconsider swapping in an M30. But I definately want to convert the car to Mass Air with piggy back or standalone and swap in the "i" valvetrain so I can have a nice 7k redline, and hopefully that will be a fun summer project. And I can get the hang of tuning NA before I step up to the FI plate. I had an attack of conscience once that nothing you do to any car is justifiable but thats just the way it is.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
      X