yet another e/i question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another e/i question

the engine in my car is an eta. the motor that came out of it was a '90 i with a hole in the block. i DO NOT have any plans for forced induction, nor will i ever. what can i do with the parts i have and stay naturally aspirated? i dont care so much about power as i do about being able to rev without hurting the motor.

i'm just gonna take a big conclusion to what i've read.

take the eta engine apart and put the crank and rods into the I engine and you're set with a cheapo stroker...shave 2mm off the block to bring that compression back up. i think if you use eta crank rods and pistons the pistons will hit the head and probably not even allow you to bolt up the heat.

neways i would appreciate someone correcting as i would like a cheapo stroker just for the sake of rebuilding an engine and maybe gaining something out of it. I have no idea about the electronics related to this swap...and apparently information on this is all over the internet but its so damn partially written that i can't piece together what needs to get done :D
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
      i'm just gonna take a big conclusion to what i've read.

take the eta engine apart and put the crank and rods into the I engine and you're set with a cheapo stroker...shave 2mm off the block to bring that compression back up. i think if you use eta crank rods and pistons the pistons will hit the head and probably not even allow you to bolt up the heat.

neways i would appreciate someone correcting as i would like a cheapo stroker just for the sake of rebuilding an engine and maybe gaining something out of it. I have no idea about the electronics related to this swap...and apparently information on this is all over the internet but its so damn partially written that i can't piece together what needs to get done :D

But his "I" block has a hole in it.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

You should swap a 731 casting head onto your e bottom end. Better cam and slightly larger ports, while keeping the CR 9:1. At the same time you should swap in the I intake forward and electronics so you can rev it higher.

I know of a head and most of the parts needed to swap that will be for sale too, and I could meet you part of the way if needed.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I know he does not want to go boosted, but i would like to know how a "I" top end would work on a "E" bottom end. That would be boosted. I think between 7-15psi that is intercooled.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

That combo works well with boost. See my sig for proof.
            MaximumPSI.com

Comment

Working...
            X