shifting arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shifting arm

I have a 90' IS and I was wondering since so many other things are different on the airbag cars, is the shifting arm different in the 90+ than in the earlier cars. The reason I ask is because the shifting arms that I have seen on most e30's are in a straight line from the rear bearing to the front bearing for the arm. The shifting arm on my car goes straight from the rear bearing to where the shift lever sits and then after the housing for the lever, it goes to the right at about a 45 degree angle.

could this be just how the shifting arms were on the airbag+ cars? or might I be dealing with a bigger problem like a bent shifting arm?
    I think bending that arm would be fairly hard to do but it probably isn't impossible.

let me know

thanks
    E30Fiend
    Last edited by E30_fiend; 05-20-2007, 03:49 AM. Reason: typo
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

I'm too tired to look right now, but the case is starting to sound like something that would have a response like:

if it ain't broke

don't fix it

are you having problems shifting? have you checked the more common symptoms like tranny fluid and bushings and mounts?
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
      I'm too tired to look right now, but the case is starting to sound like something that would have a response like:

if it ain't broke

don't fix it

are you having problems shifting? have you checked the more common symptoms like tranny fluid and bushings and mounts?
      Im pretty sure that my bushings are starting to go south because when I shift into second everything is ok but if I oull the lever toward me, it seems like the selector rod is rubbing on the driveshaft. It could also be that the selector rod may be rubbing on the harmonic balancer because when I pull the lever toward me in second and only in second, it makes a metal to metal noise and its only when the car is moving so it has to be rubbing on a moving part after the tranny,

thanks
      E30Fiend
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

oh and also, I can shift fine, no problems there.

E30Fiend

Comment

Do you have the stock shifter? PO job?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

no I have a B&M shifter

Comment

Working...
            X