stupid weird motor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid weird motor problems

ive posted this on forums and havent gotten good results... this started on thursday with the car starting normaly and then around 30 mins later the car didnt start at all(only when it wanted too).... but yesterday the car went out on hard turn/long turn yesterday and it sounded terrble at idle like it was 3 cyls firing( at first i thought it shut off) but its was a bad feeling that i cant explain and it was running(terribly at idle, only after turn) so i turned it off and turned it back on after a few minutes and it ran normal again .... its hard to start sometimes(yesterday) and it wouldnt start yesterday at all for like 30mins but its good for now.... its like it hides when we look for it... i checked fuel pump, and distributor, and various other things....the fuel relay is hot to the touch but not so hot where it cant be handled

you might want to check the coil and other ignition related components for some sort of wiring mishap...you might not be getting enough spark for it to start and when it does get spark there might be so much corrosion or carbon built up that it inhibits spark to the good contact points

Comment

well i checkd the distributor today and it was fine.... ive run seafoam and lucas performance cleaner before...

Comment

those products wont do anything to inhibit spark, unless the plugs are all gunked up and fouled out...did you pull the plugs at all?

Comment

Fuel pump

Comment

fuel pump is fine its pumping fuel ....i didnt pull the plugs....i mean the car went out/idled.bogged but i turned it off and turned it back on and it was fine on a turn....

Comment

Do you guys think it could be the alternator? now remember it partially shut off on me when i was driving at 40mph, the reason why i say this though is becuase the instrument panel at night is dim( but only at the tips of the needles) hope this helps sum

Comment

hey guys just updating... i still havent replaced anything bought checked plugs apump and all the obvious and all things checked out fine. now before my problems started, i did seafoam a few days earlier; now could the seafoam fumes damge a sensor like maybe AFM? or could the sudden carbon burn off or w/e was cleaned out of the motor, mess up the o2 sensor?

Comment

Working...
                X