oil pan options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pan options

are there any other options available out there other than the stock oil pan? mine needs replacing and i was wondering if there are "racing" pans or aftermarket pans that dont hang so low. THANKS!

not that ive seen im sure you could get something custom done though
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I don't know of any shallower pans, but one could add a skid plate to gain a bit of protection for the pan.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

how do they make an oil pan a "performance oil pan?"

Comment

In order to run a shallower oil pan, you'd need to change the oil pump for one that doesn't have as much "reach" into the pan.

The oil pan is not too low if you leave the suspension stock, which is how BMW intended street cars to be. If you're running lowered suspension, I guess you'll just have to be very careful and live with some risk.
          The current fleet:
          1992 325ic: 148k-171k miles
          1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD, 114k-142k miles
          1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes Powerslot (not a car :D) PCM Ford 351W, 904 hours

Comment

Could do a dry sump setup and run a flat oil pan....
            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
              how do they make an oil pan a "performance oil pan?"

by adding internal baffles/doors/windage tray

checked out m20 engines in the download section, there's some good stuff in there, oil pan modification is towards the bottom.

Comment

Working...
              X