"e" questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"e" questions

the bottom end on my "is" is in need of a rebuild. I have an "e" block available from another member but i havent found enough info to know if it will work. Im still new to BMWs so can someone shed some light as to whether or not this will work with my "i" head long enough for me to rebuild my bottom end. Its my daily so its just temporary. I really dont want to buy another car to drive while i fix my e30.

You can find a set of 1988 (ONLY!) SETA (Super ETA) pistons, or buy a set from Metric Mechanic that will make you a high-revving 2.7L stroker.

Mark D sells a chip meant for that combo...if you have a 173 ECU.

Search up, you will find tons of info on that combo.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

thanks... I'll keep searching but i still havent found the info i need. I dont really care if it revs high for my daily, i just need it to run right now.

Comment

The cheapest solution would probably be to purchase a used M20B25 engine that's in decent condition (probably $500-800). Then you can rebuild your motor at your convience.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          The cheapest solution would probably be to purchase a used M20B25 engine that's in decent condition (probably $500-800). Then you can rebuild your motor at your convience.
          Ive been looking...but havent found anything worth the asking price yet

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            You can find a set of 1988 (ONLY!) SETA (Super ETA) pistons, or buy a set from Metric Mechanic that will make you a high-revving 2.7L stroker.

Mark D sells a chip meant for that combo...if you have a 173 ECU.

Search up, you will find tons of info on that combo.

Luke

Hello to all,

this is my fist post and just resently got an '86 325e and wanted to know more about this engine and i guess you guys are the right person to ask.

1. what makes the OEM piston restrict high revs?
            2. does it shares the same head with " i "?
            2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR
            1995 318i - M42B21 on the making
            1986 325e - Just another Project
            1989 M6 - SOLD in DXB

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmac View Post
              Ive been looking...but havent found anything worth the asking price yet
              It's going to take a bunch of time to build a stroker motor. What makes you think you need to rebuild your bottom end? If you can limp on your current motor for a while I'd grab that e block and limp on the current motor while you build up a sweet stroker... I know where you can get a super eta motor for $700 if you are interested... $120k miles but it's in NH and it's an auto so it never really revved high.

EDIT: BTW this motor is a 1988 Super Eta from a 5-series. So it is a 525es

Comment

Originally posted by frost_dxb View Post
                Hello to all,

this is my fist post and just resently got an '86 325e and wanted to know more about this engine and i guess you guys are the right person to ask.

1. what makes the OEM piston restrict high revs?
                2. does it shares the same head with " i "?
                The bottom end of the engine can rev as high as it wants (pistons, rods, crank, etc), it is the top end (which it does not share with an i) that is what restricts it. The camshaft is the main restriction, because it's made for low end torque, not high end hp.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                X