Found my problem now have relay questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my problem now have relay questions

Alright guys about 3 weeks ago my eta was driving crappy like i mean really bad, would shut off on its own and wouldnt start again. Well i swapped relays and it seemed to have cleared up the issue up until tonight where it almost didnt wanna start on me. Ok now to the point; the relays i used were from a junkyard car and yes i kno theres a risk those could be bad too (these are heating up same as the old ones but a little hotter) i changed the ECU and fuel pump relays.

1. What is causing these relays to overheat? Could it be bad ECU?
    2. and why would both relays heat up if they looked new and were from diff cars. could it be rain? the cars i got them from didnt have their hoods and were from diff junkyards....

Also after i shut the car i went back out about 10 mins later and the car was bogging pretty bad at like 500rpm so i went to change the relays (fuel pump relay) and with the keys out of the ignition i plug a cold relay in(used) and the fuel pump starts buzzing WTF?? help

Also after i shut the car i went back out about 10 mins later and the car was bogging pretty bad at like 500rpm so i went to change the relays (fuel pump relay) and with the keys out of the ignition i plug a cold relay in(used) and the fuel pump starts buzzing WTF?? help
    That sounds like a bad relay. And the mention of the fuel pump buzzing tends to make me suspect a failing fuel pump as the root of your problems. Running the fuel system diagnostics documented in the Bentley manual should tell if you have a fuel system problem.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

no the FP sounds normal my issue was that while the car was OFF the pumps turn on!! Keys out of ignition i put my old relay in and they turn on....

Comment

will cirzuit cooler/cleaner help?

Comment

If you are saying that with either relay the pump turns on with the key out, then I'd say you have a wiring fault in the harness to the fuel relay socket or a fault in the DME.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

sorry i meant circuit cleaner/cooler. and it only turns on with the old relay and not with the junkyard one.

Comment

Working...
            X