Motor running weak, loss of power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor running weak, loss of power.

My motor has an overall loss of power until 4K rpm, at that point the motor looses power altogether, and VERY slugishly tries to pull from that point on in all gears. It also runs pretty rough at idle, but it cranks over fine with little hesitation. I have adjusted the valves, but may go back and re-check them, they dont sound too bad. There is another noise that I havnt noticed before, it's comming from the back of the motor somewhere under the valve cover/head which sounds a little deeper than normal valve tick but similar. whats the likely hood that the timing belt jumped a tooth or 2, and would it run the way im trying to explain if it did? I checked the spark plugs, they look fine, and am also currently replacing the distributor cap and rotor and checking the t-belt. Any other suggestions what coule be causing the problem? afm, injectors, fuel pump?

edit:
    also did a quick compression test and all cylinders read the same across the board @130psi (+-1psi max)
    Thanks
    chris
    Last edited by chriskb3; 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM.

check your spark plugs.

Comment

Checked them, look fine, no wear or deposits. Any other ideas?

edit: Just checked the t-belt, eveything looks good on that end.
      Last edited by chriskb3; 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Do you have any engine codes?
        Even if your check engine light is not lit, try retrieving engine codes.
        (http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/motronic.html)

If you have 1215 - replace your AFM. This is the problem I had: very rough idle, no power at all. Granted my problem didn't start that way but one day it began idling very rough and wouldn't get any power. Swapped the AFM and everything is groovy.
        "You make your choices and you live with them. And in the end, you are those choices."

Comment

if its hesitating, try unplugging the o2 sensor and see if that clears it up.

Comment

i have been going through some of the same problems. i would suggest checking your coil pack. as well as your throttle body and air sensors
            Having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet.....you suprise everyone at first, but in the end you're still gay

Comment

Working...
            X