swapping my m42 for a m20b25...help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping my m42 for a m20b25...help needed

hey guys i have a m20b25 that i wana drop in to my 318is......what needs to be done as in when it comes to the wiring......i need help with the wiring!!!!!!!! and is this a big task to do?

I am going to be the first but not the only one to tell you its not worth it. Its the same amount of work as swapping an m50, and probably about the same cost. Save a few hundred bucks and do the m50.
    --Will

Comment

but dosnt the m20b25 fit straight into my 1990 318is....and that a lot of modifications need to be dobe to fit a m50.....as in oil sump.....rewire the whole lot....and etc...........

Comment

the m50 is definitly more work and will cost you a little more. The car was manufacured with the m20 so obviously it's easier to put an original engine in than one from a different platform. the m50 only gives you 20hp more with 75 pounds more weight. IMHO the m50 swaps aren't worth the trouble when you can put an S50 in with 50 more hp and nearly the same mount of weight and installation work....assuming you have the extra money of course

Comment

Working...
        X