Check engine flash at 6K...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine flash at 6K...

Recently I have been getting a check engine light flash for about half a second when I hit 6000 or so RPM. This started around the time I installed an IE adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I had initially set the pressure at 46psi (2psi above the factory spec) and since then I have also noticed that when I start the car up after not having driven it in awile it sometimes will immediatly die. But it will always start right back up and be fine. Combine that with the check engine flash and I figured that the fuel pressure could be too low despite what the gauge says.

So I bumped up the gauge today to 50psi and took it for a drive. First thing I noticed was the idle was ever so slightly smoother. Beyond that there was no difference that I could feel in drivability, and the check engine light still flashed.

I want to test the fuel pressure and see if the gauge is indeed correct, but aside from that I dont really know what to try next. The car consists of mostly "bolt ons" as far as engine mods.

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Justin
    sigpic

What fault code is stored in the DME? Use the stomp test or have the DME scanned to find out what the DME is upset about. It may well have nothing to do with fuel pressure.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Actually I forget to mention that, I've got a 1215 stored. Airflow sensor fault...I do have a Miller MAF.
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like all of your add-ons are causing it. Replace with stock and see if the problem goes away.

Comment

Sage advice...
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

are you still running stock software?
            sigpic

Comment

Besides the Miller Chip, yes.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X