Fouled out plugs again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fouled out plugs again!

This is the second time this happened in <8k miles while driving my 325is. It seems to happen after a couple WOT sessions. Any suggestions as to what would be causing it or how to stop/reduce it? All of the other plugs looked ok, at least they were dry.

holy shit... yea, um thats not really a good thing. Are those 2 plugs side by side? Perform a compression test and report back.
    Old and improved:

Comment

Sounds like DEAD rings. My turbo car that smokes like a chimney doesn't even do that...
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Those pics are of the same plug. I have a leak down tester but no comp. Ill have to pick one up this week. The car doesn't use any oil or show any smoke. It has 165k miles.

Comment

If you only see that on one cylinder I'd suspect low compression or a bad ignition wire on that cylinder.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Yes its just on one cylinder. I was leaning/hoping it is a plug wire. I remember having a miss some time ago and checking that the wires were secure. After I checked them, the miss went away for a couple months until I discovered the first fouled plug. I'm still going to get a comp tester hopefully on Wednesday and see where I'm at on the rings before I buy any more parts.

Comment

Working...
            X