Is the intake manifold easy to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the intake manifold easy to remove?

Yesterday I painted my valve cover, my intake manifold is really dirty. Is it easy to remove? Does anyone have a link to how to do it? I am trying to see if it is worth it or not.

I don't think it is difficult to remove. The only area that I've ever had difficulty with is separating the oil return tube if the engine has significant mileage. Junk builds up where the tube slides in the block and head and it doesn't want to move downwards into the block. Once you do get everything off and clean the tube and sockets well it goes back in a lot easier. You will want to have new manifold gaskets, throttle body gasket injector seals, and oil return seals on hand for the reassembly.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Watch out for the "spring loaded tube o' death" when you pull it off. If you aren't careful, you'll be rocking a pirate patch for at least a few weeks.

Comment

Are there directions anywhere on how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
          Are there directions anywhere on how to do it?
          I haven't seen anything, its pretty easy but takes time. The nuts are hard to get to as well.

Comment

1 swivel and extensions. Otherwise it's all easy. I had it removed in 1/2 hour. Install is a bit tricky lining up the tube that has the "spring of death". Nothing that should be some crazy Indiana Jones adventure.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
            X