My turn, 2.7i build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My turn, 2.7i build

Im starting this thread because yesterday i picked up Seta pistons and an 81mm crank. i will be sending my block i and i head into the machine shop as soon as my chassis goes into the body shop.
    ill post pictures of progress as i go, starting tonight with what ive got so far. :-)
    oh yeah, for my seta pistons and rods, and my 81mm cranks, im only down $150! hopefully my buget stroker keeps on this smooth road.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Good luck, i'm interested to see what your results are! Be sure to update us about it.

Comment

here are the pictures i have so far, very begining of the project, im excited.

dirrrty and to think im a detailer

head and headers will obviously stay, along with my intake manifold for now.

Super-eta pistons, eta 130mm connecting rods and 81mm crank getting aquanted on my rape-on box

dirty little pistons, getting them and the crank inspected/cleaned this or early next week.

so, im playing with an idea to get higher compression then 8.5:1 (thanks nando) since im so far under budget so far, ill probibly mill the head and shave the block down. then run an adjustable cam gear. ok thats all for the update.

Comment

Why not use Seta rods with the Seta pistons? I have a set (Seta rods and pistons) coming to me and was wondering if Im doint the right thing.

:-?
        Originally posted by BAlbertiX
        your my boy blue!

Comment

Seta rods are eta rods

Comment

nice tool box!
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Do you have more pics of your pistons? Do you have any gouges or scuffs on the piston skirts or crowns?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueIX View Post
                Why not use Seta rods with the Seta pistons? I have a set (Seta rods and pistons) coming to me and was wondering if Im doint the right thing.

:-?
                Yea, as already stated...SuperEta's only have unique pistons, otherwise the rest of the bottom end is identical to a normal Etas.
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

How goes the build? Mine is running rich with the larger injectors. I need to get a chip, adj. FPR, and a bit stouter ingnition.

-Eric (Blue 4D Seta)
                  1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

Originally posted by E30Eric View Post
                    How goes the build? Mine is running rich with the larger injectors. I need to get a chip, adj. FPR, and a bit stouter ingnition.

-Eric (Blue 4D Seta)
                    pretty sure mine runs rich too.Just haven't had the opportunity to remedy it yet.
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                    X