Air flow meter (AFM) problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air flow meter (AFM) problem

I just got done performing the refreshing steps on this page: http://www.notoriousracing.net/image...m%20Repair.htm

I then hooked up a 6V lantern battery up to it for input power and bench tested the output voltage as I rotated the flapper. It seemed to output just fine, steadily increasing till about 2/3 of its full travel. It had climbed up to around 4 volts and then just dropped to zero and stayed there for the last third or so of its travel. Is this normal?
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

That's not normal... Sounds to me like you need a new AFM.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

That's what I figured. I just can't seem to find the exact specs in any of my manuals. Basically, the output voltage should equal the input voltage when the AFM is opened up all the way right?
      "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
      -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Pretty close (about 90%). The site where you found the refresh info has the curves for the AFM.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X