E30 Eta RPM adjusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Eta RPM adjusting

What should a 87 325Eta be idling at in stock? its an autotragic.
    I have my set at 950rpms in park, then 800 in drive.
    1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

all m20's should idle around 750 rpm's
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
      all m20's should idle around 750 rpm's
      damn! I'm at 2500!! Hopefully after changing waterpump+gasket, timing belt + tensioner headgasket, this might fix everything. Heard a hissing noise coming from around headgasket area
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

An M20 that isn't idling at 750rpm could have a problem in any, or a combination, of:

1) Intake leaks
        2) Sticky or bad ICV
        3) Bad or mis-adjusted Throttle Position Switch
        4) Mis-adjusted throttle idle stop
        5) On pre-87 cars the Idle Control Module could be bad and on later cars the DME

1-4 should be dealt with first.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Okay I managed to find a sweet spot for my eta's idle.
          its around 700 in park and then drops to 650 in drive.
          I would have set it to go higher but my lifters are in need of adjustment...and my rear wheel bearing is getting chewed up. :x

does anyone have info of the MAF air sensor on how to adjust it back to stock spec? also any info on how the IVC should be set to stock or optimum.

I currently have a BAV AUTO DME installed and i'm running 89 octane. :grin:
          1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

Comment

flop, any info on stock MAF air unit specs? and IVC adjusting specs?
            I just want to know the stock setting so i can default mine then work from there.

Comment

I rather suspect that correct adjustment of the bypass in the AFM can only be done on a flow bench. Adjustment of the idle stop and TPS is documented in the Bentley manual. No other adjustments of idle are possible. When everything is operating correctly the DME (or ICM in early cars) will maintain a programmed idle speed via the ICV.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
              X