Car won't start, Need HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start, Need HELP!

Here we go. Last Thursday morning I jump is the car to go to work as normal. I turn the Key to the start position and all i hear is some crazy ass clicking then nothing. Fuel pump is not even coming on.
    Now when i try to start the car all i hear is the main engine relay click a couple of times. I tried switching out relays and still had the problem. I tried the Fuel system test points on the harness from the bently manual shorting the fuel pump and it came on. With that I thought it was the ECU. No not that, tried switch out with a stock ECU.
    The ignition system seems ok so far. I checked the voltage to the starter and it was fine 8 or higher volts, mine was 12V. I have a spare starter but I am not sure if changing that out will do any good seeing how the fuel pump is not coming on either.
    One day working fine the next dead to the world
    Any info on possible culprits post them up. I NEED HELP!!!
    No cup holders, No TVs, Just Driving!

It sounds like your battery is dead or either of its connections are loose.

A voltage check will tell you the state of the battery. 12.6v would be fully charged and 12.2v would be 50% charge. At 12.2v or below there may not be enough charge in the battery to start the car.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

The Battery was the first thing i checked It seemed fine.
      No cup holders, No TVs, Just Driving!

Comment

What is the battery voltage to the nearest tenth volt? And does it seriously drop when you turn on the headlights?
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

starter motor is dead
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
          X