changing water pump help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing water pump help

what all do i need? water pump and gasket, timing belt and tensioner with spring and guide pin. is that it??

yeah but you may as well replace all of the belts while you are at it. good luck

Comment

If its on your vert do everything .

Thats means everything already mentioned plus the ft. cam seal , intermediate shaft seal and ft. crank seal .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

alright, well im either getting this e34 and an e28 im looking at, or two e28s soon. the girls gettin another financial aid check so ill have a daily do get warmed up with my mechanic shit.

Comment

I would also purchase new water pump bolts, there are only three of them, since most of the threads become corroded due to water leaks and can cause damaged threads upon reinstall. Like everyone else said, except crank seal isnt too much of a DIY due to the tools needed to retorque, but its a good thing to replace if the mileage is high.
          The rotor is a good maintenance item "while you are in there".

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
            If its on your vert do everything .

Thats means everything already mentioned plus the ft. cam seal , intermediate shaft seal and ft. crank seal .
            There's also an o-ring that goes around the outside of the cam shaft retainer. Make sure to replace that to. I didn't know about it when I did mine, and the f**ing thing is weeping oil now.

Comment

def. do new water pump bolts, one of mine broke while reinstalling i had to drill it out, and tap it. ofcourse it got drilled out to large by the person who removed it. so now i have a situation to deal with. tap it with a larger bolt or get a helicoil or some sort.

Comment

Water pump pulley holder tool if you don't have one already.

Comment

Whats the thread size for the water pump bolts?

Just curious cuz im doing my belts and stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by quillbro View Post
                    Whats the thread size for the water pump bolts?

Just curious cuz im doing my belts and stuff too.
                    m8x1.25 i believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X