What The Eff Bomb Is My Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What The Eff Bomb Is My Problem!!!

OKAY! I TRIED LIKE EVERYTHING! So my car does this thing where i will turn it on and it will idle fine for a few moments then die. then i can turn it back on again no problem, so i drive it around and it wont die as long as the rpm is over 1k but when im cruising in gear all of this sudden the check engine light will come on and the rmp/power DROPS! out of no where and slows down for like a second then drives fine again. Before it just used to buck but now it does this. Ive changed the spark plugs and wires. coil pack, alternator, o2 sensor battery, i checked the fuel pump and pressure, i cleaned my throttle body and i think its called the icv, that little pump next to the throttle body and the intake. The only things i can think of are the afm (air flow meter) and the cps (crank position sensor) but my friend changed the cps like last winter when he owned the car. ahh PLEASE HELP!!!! oh yeah and i down think its the ecu because i switched it before with another one and the problem didnt go away.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
    Having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet.....you suprise everyone at first, but in the end you're still gay

Could be a dying TPS?

Comment

Check the C191 connector (under the manifold) for corrosion. The contacts or where the wires attached to the contacts could be corroded.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Did you check your intake boot for cracks?

~Zar4

Comment

What does it look like? the c191 connector? and yeah i checked for cracks
          Having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet.....you suprise everyone at first, but in the end you're still gay

Comment

Sounds like it might just be a poor connection somewhere rather than a totally dead electric part.

Test the CPS while wiggling the wire around. Check for corroded or loose connectors under the hood.

Comment

i will try it i already took my c191 sensor out to replace

Comment

check for vacuum leaks. my 318 was doin this the other day... i had opened the air box to check the filter and apparently the hose came off the intake elbow

Comment

i will check that, but wouldnt that be like an over night problem insted of getting progressively worst?

Comment

well if the vacuum lines are pretty old, they could be cracking and slowly getting worse.

Comment

dont forget to test with another DME... these will go bad also, but typically fail to restart for a while. not like yo mentioned.

the C191 is a black round connector underneat the TB. It is the harness that feeds the fuel injectors with signal and power.
                      sigpic
                      - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

dont forget to test with another DME... these will go bad also, but typically fail to restart for a while. not like yo mentioned.

the C191 is a black round connector underneat the TB. It is the harness that feeds the fuel injectors with signal and power.
                        sigpic
                        - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

My grounding points needed cleaned/tightned once, with similar symptoms to what you have....

Comment

Yeah i checked that main ground at the bottom of the engine

Comment

so i checked all the things i was told to do and so far the only things that really helped was me switching my fuel relay. BUT! The check engine light still flashes on? then i checked the relay and it looked somewhat burned or like it got heated on the prongs. I am now thinking a bad DME and now i dont know how to go about testing this. PLease some more help!

Comment

Working...
                              X