Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean? Code 1261

OKay so i looked up what code 1261 means and this is what came up:

1261 - Fuel Pump Relay Control code indicates break or short circuit associated with fuel pump relay. Test for proper signal on number 3 pin on DME. It can also mean that output stage of DME is faulty (Motronic version 1.3 only)

So does this mean i need a new fuel pump relay? or a new DME? Is there a way to test these things first or something because i have no clue and i spent madd money already trying to make this thigns work right when i should have checked the code a long time ago.

thanks i appreciate it
    Having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet.....you suprise everyone at first, but in the end you're still gay

From the code the problem could be in in the DME, the wiring from the DME to the fuel pump relay, or the relay itself. Using a DMM, check the resistance of the fuel pump relay coil. If it is open or high resistance the relay is bad. If the relay is okay check the coil contacts in the relay socket while cranking the engine. There should be power on one and ground on the other. If either reading is not what it should be you work from that pin of the socket down the wiring.
    Last edited by jlevie; 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Relay - cheap!

Comment

so heres the deal

Now i got a fuel relay and it drove fine but the check engine light still would flash on everyone once and a while and when i checked the relay they looked somewhat burned? what does that mean? bad DME!?
        Having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet.....you suprise everyone at first, but in the end you're still gay

Comment

Working...
        X