M20B27 idle and maf settings were sabotaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B27 idle and maf settings were sabotaged

Over the weekend I installed my new NISSENS radiator for my E30 SUPEReta.
    After everything was reassembled, I then added coolant (Preston 50/50) until the reserve was full. Now I start the car and I immediately notice that it shot to almost 2000RMPS then dropped to a surging 950RPMS.

Before I installed the radiator, When started it would go to 900RMPS then drop to a calm 750RPMS after it warmed up.

I think it's my ICV & MAF setting.
    One of my friends who is a JDM head, thought he knew what he was doing and tweaked with the idle setting and maf screw. He said he "tuned it for more air," I just gave him a long stare and said "just go mess with yo jap crap so more."

So now I concluded there are no vacume leaks in hoses, the ICV checks good (muti-meter test and unpluged while engine was on to confirm) Also!!! before the new NISSENS radiator install, when I would set the ICV to the lowest setting the engine would 'chug' or gasp for air. Now that its installed the the change of ICV WILL NOT SET IT UNDER 950RPMS.

The only time I notice the engine acting slightly normal (idling how it should) would be after a nice stretch in second gear during deceleration and it dips below 700RMPS for a short time and then just goes over 950RMPS when about to accelerate.

ANY INPUT IS WELCOME, hopefully I can get this resolved before summer.
    1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

floppity slop + the DMV almost pwn'd me :puppy:
    1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

Comment

updated sig bump

Comment

someone give me some insight? how far dose a person usually turn the idle control regulator?

Comment

Working...
        X