A problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A problem

ok so its been about two weeks since i have done: spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, air filter, Computer's temp sensor, valve adjustment, engine oil with filter, transmission oil, differential oil.

But even before i did all of that, the car started to develop a tendency to start really hard and couldnt even really rev up because it would misfire and bog down. and would smoke when i gave it gas when i stared it and it was doing all of the misfiring or bogging. but i noticed that when i went to disconnect the idle control valve and reconnected it, that these problems were gone. but would return later on when i was driving. the car would give me bucking when i was lightly on the throttle. and wouldnt responed when i gave it gas to go. So i thought, "hm, must be the ICV." so i go and spend $135 for a brand spanking new one. so i put it in and the car acts no different then it did when it had the other ICV. so im going to put the old one back in and get my money back.

but my question is, why is it doing all of that? symtoms again are that it starts hard and sometimes takes some gas to get it started, will smoke and vibrate a lot when given gas, wont responed very well when i give it gas going on a gear. it acts the same both cold and warm sometimes.

if you need specifics or need to know more just ask me.

id appreciate the help! thanks

Could be time for a fuel pump...
    Originally posted by chileelky
    amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Afm
      Last edited by atomic; 03-22-2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Is this an ETA or an I motor? If it is an ETA, could it be the ICV control module?

Comment

Fuel Pump might be something that i should think about since its buzzing is a little audiable. i have changed the fuel filter though.

MAF? Im thinking you ment the AFM. This also could be something that i need to look at. what are somethings that i should look at when checking out the AFM?

ICV.......i dont think that that was it. if you read my first post, i said that i had bought a new one that was 135 bucks and it didnt improve the car at all. if anything, it made it a little worse. but i have the old one in there now so....yeah.

thanks for the replies

Comment

AH !! Yes I edited my earlier post as I meant AFM. Do a search on here to see about how to determine how to look into it further.

I had a friend a few years back who had very similar problems with his car and swapped his AFM out with a known working one and it fixed his problem.

Comment

yeah the AFM is what im going to look into now. will come back with some results after i find out how do see if there is something wrong with it.

thanks

Comment

well it looked good. i think it might be a little dirty around the outlet (where it connects to the rubber intake hose)

still dont know. it acts so weird. in the moring its great. then when it get warm outside it acts horrible.

Comment

Working...
                X